As part of its longstanding dedication to environmental sustainability, FIJI Water launched a comprehensive plan to transform its use of plastic while promoting a circular economy.
A MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
DOING MORE WITH LESS
Keeping with its steadfast commitment to reducing waste, FIJI Water has set a goal to transition to a 20% recycled PET (rPET) bottle in 2020 and to a 100% rPET bottle by 2025.
REDUCING PLASTIC WASTE
As an alternative to single-use bottles, FIJI Water is working on innovative products, such as a new 2.5-gallon option for the refrigerator or countertop, as well as a 5-gallon option designed to fit in a standard hot-and-cold water dispenser. We are committed to solutions that minimize single use plastics.
A LIGHTER CARBON FOOTPRINT
FIJI Water is also deeply committed to reducing its carbon footprint, such as:
• investing FJ$5 million (more than $2.2 million USD) on a wide range of energy efficiency initiatives
• using microturbine energy generation—the first of its kind in Fiji
• producing the majority of packaging—including bottles and caps—on site (which minimizes emissions from the transport of raw materials)
• sorting and recycling almost all the waste generated at the bottling plant
• adopting the low-sulfur fuel standard for all shipping starting in 2020, dramatically decreasing sulfur oxide emissions